Wow! Show #2 already. Seems like only last week I started podcasting. Hey, wait a second!
Below is both the audio for the show and the show notes. Enjoy
Click to listen…
Want to listen on your phone?
The Make Shift Happen Show is now on Stitchers. Click the image below and it will give you options to download their mobile app (for free!!) so you can listen on whatever kind of phone you have (unless it is a rotary phone. You are SOL on that my friend). How freaking cool is that?
There are 4 main segments and one news worthy item that I lead out with. The Make Shift Happen Podcast debuted on 3 TOP 10 lists in the US, Canada and the UK.
First Segment: Shift Shout Out
Each week I intend to give a shout out to something that I think could greatly facilitate your shift. It might be a book review, a website or blog recommendation, or a product or service.
In the inaugral shout out I talk about a product I been using for some time now and LOVE. It’s called the Ultimate Body Press and you can find more about their product by clicking the link below.
Second Segment: Got shift?
Since this is a show about shift, and I am constantly looking to create shift in my own life on a daily basis, I am going to talk to you about a significant shift I made this week.
There is a saying that a picture tells a 1000 words. I disagree. A picture tells the truth!!
Third Segment: The Shift Series
This is based on the blog post that came out on Friday. You can read that —> HERE.
In this segment I ..
- explain what the paradox of success is and the symptoms that arise when we suffer from it
- explain what a hard reboot is
- take about the 3 steps to a hard reboot with a few examples for each
Fourth Segment: Talking Shi(f)t
This was probably the best commented post I have ever had. The quality of the comments were OUTSTANDING.
There were also some interesting items that arose that I would like to expand on.
- Mary talked about a sense of cockiness that develops when we begin to have success [I will expand on this in relation to the paradox of success]
- Zorica mentioned how tough it is to deal with people who can eat whatever they want and experience no ill health or weight gain [I provide an alternative way to see this situation and our own]
- Lisa talked about taking pictures for the first time this past week and how alarmed she was at how she looked [I will reinforce what I said above about the SHEER power of pictures on a weekly basis]
- Chriss talks about portion control. [I want to SMASH a myth that is out there about the Paleo diet.]
Using the material I discuss,
1. Begin a list of everything you think may be holding you back. Refer to my post for examples.
Click —> HERE.
2. Decide if you are in need of a hard reboot (or a soft reboot0.
3. Create a list of validated learning
Additional resources mentioned…
I hope you enjoy this show as much as I did making it.
Now go, make shift happen,